CHL (LTC) Certification - $65
This class will certify you to open-carry or conceal-carry a handgun. It is approximately 4-6 hours and includes classroom instruction and a shooting proficiency test. You are required to arrive with handgun proficiency in order to complete the course. This class does not teach you how to shoot. Classroom topics covered include the use of deadly force, nonviolent dispute resolutions, proper storage of firearms, and state laws.
LICENSE TO CARRY HANDGUN PROCESS:
- Complete the online application at https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/.
- Get electronic fingerprints by L1 Solutions or Morphotrust USA.
- Successfully complete handwritten and shooting proficiency test. After completion, send in the signed CHL-100 to Texas DPS.
This may be done in any order.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A handgun and 50 rounds of brass ammunition (You may rent one of our handguns if you do not own one)
- A valid Texas Driver's License or Texas ID Card
SHOOTING PROFICIENCY TEST:
- 20 rounds at 3 yards
- 20 rounds at 7 yards
- 10 rounds at 15 yards
A score of 175 is required to pass.
Click here for the CHL (LTC) Course of Fire.
**72-hour notice is required to cancel or reschedule due to the popularity of this course. Failure to provide us with this notice will result in forfeiture of your payment.**
If you have any questions with regards to training, send them to email@example.com