Group Defensive Handgun – Phase 2 – $50
Class duration: 2H 30M
Prerequisites: Group or Private Defensive Handgun Phase-1 Class
The Phase-2 pistol class starts off with a recap of the skills taught in the Defensive Handgun Phase-1 class. After the recap, the safe and efficient use of a holster and magazine pouch is introduced. This class is for those new to drawing a pistol from a holster, using magazine pouches, and those needing refinement of their draw stroke. Efficient un-holstering and presentation from a holster, accurate target engagement at various distances, and follow through procedures are the overall goals of this course.
Successful completion of all three phases of our Defensive Handgun classes is a prerequisite for attending our Group Intermediate Pistol Training Sessions. Phase-1, Phase-2, and Phase-3 are offered in a group or private setting and are taken in order.
Topics covered in Phase-2:
- Holster nomenclature
- Holster type
- Efficient holster placement
- Safe un-holstering procedures
- Efficient extension procedures
- Safe re-holstering procedures
- Pistol in good working condition, along with 2 magazines
- Outside the waistband kydex or leather holster
- Single or double magazine pouch
- 100 - 200 rounds of brass-cased ammunition
- For safety concerns, no reloads, aluminum-cased, or steel-cased ammunition is permitted
Eye and ear protection is provided free of charge
PANTS OR JEANS WITH BELT ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
FOR SAFETY CONCERNS, THE FOLLOWING IS NOT PERMITTED:
- LOW-CUT SHIRTS
- HOUSE SHOES
- OPEN-TOED SHOES
- HIGH HEELS
For questions about the class or equipment needed, please call 713-977-3000 and speak with one of our Instructors.
Upon request, firearms, holsters, and magazine pouches are available for rent. Ammunition is available for purchase.